If you are serious about a career in music, you’ve probably already spent thousands of dollars on quality instruments, music lessons, computers and recording programs, demo production, sound gear, and the list goes on. You may be starting out, or you may have been pursuing your music career goals for some time. Either way, its time to make the effort and the expense worthwhile. It’s time to take the next step – and you don’t have to spend thousands more going overseas to do it!
The ASC focuses on the craft and business of songwriting and attracts writers, artists, producers and managers from across Australia and internationally. The only event of its kind in Australia, the conference is packed full of seminars, workshops, attendee showcases, recording & production and other activities relevant to both performing and non-performing songwriters and the industry that supports them. The ASC’s main aim is to provide a supportive and nurturing peer environment where you can learn more about your craft, create relationships with the industry hit-makers, get up close and personal with the speakers and mentors who willingly share their time, knowledge and experience, and pitch your songs directly to the publishers (majors and indies) who attend the event.
The Australian Songwriters Conference includes:
- Speakers & Mentors – Hit songwriters and Music Industry execs discuss writing, publishing, production and more!
- Seminars, Talks & Workshops – Learn the secrets of hit songwriting and career momentum from the best in the business.
- Song Pitching – A truly unique opportunity for attendees to pitch songs directly to Publishers, and Writer Managers.
- On-Site Recording & Production – Learn and work with our hit producers in the on-site studio.
- Live Showcases – Perform your original material to the pros, attendees and public.
- Exclusive Song Contest – ‘Attendees Only’ song contest with great prizes.
- Networking with Industry Pros & Hit Songwriters – Connect with the career-makers one-on-one.
The ASC is for all songwriters, artists, producers, publishers & managers.
ASCers fly in from around Australia and internationally to participate in the event, and already a number of them have gone on to write and record with Faculty and hit local and overseas Producers, have signed publishing deals, achieved #1 hits and national success, received song awards and commercial radio airplay, and made huge leaps in their careers – all as a direct result of attending the event. Click here to read about some of our successful ASCers!
The Australian Songwriters Conference is a major songwriter event on the music industry calendar and is a ‘must do’ for anyone with serious aspirations of a career as a performing or non-performing songwriter. In order to maintain an informal and intimate environment with maximum attendee-faculty networking potential and song pitching opportunities, there is a strict cap on attendance numbers.
To be kept updated, join the ASC mailing list and ‘Like’ our Facebook page.